MASTERING TECHNOLOGY IN SPORT
Digital Technology and Innovation in Sport
11 January – 28 March 2022
DRIVING THE EVOLUTION OF SPORT THROUGH THE BENEFICIAL INTEGRATION OF DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION
Together with professors at EPFL labs, the Universities of Lausanne and Geneva as well as experts from the sport industry, AISTS offers a new short programme that will teach you the latest developments in digital technology and the required tools to design the best innovation strategy and business models.
A “learning by doing” project conducted for a sports company immerses you in the reality of developing digital innovations that meet the genuine needs of sports.
“If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it”
Technology is a major driver for development and innovation in today’s world of sport. During this extensive course, learn how to harness the latest digital & technology-enabled opportunities that will address your current challenges and help you develop future-proof business models.
The lecturers include world-renowned experts from leading universities:
Company business models need to evolve faster than ever to address challenges such as climate change; sanitary conditions; social evolutions; globalisation and digitalization in order to add value for consumers and meet their demands.
Strategies based on quantitative growth of sports events, their size, commercial rights, number of participants and their globalization, need to adapt and evolve, to remain financially sustainable.
Furthermore, world records in sport are clearly correlating with the evolution of technologies used in equipment, infrastructure and athlete preparation. This needs to be understood and monitored by international sport federations and at the same time meet federation specifications.
EPFL is Europe’s most cosmopolitan technical university. It welcomes students, professors and collaborators of more than 120 nationalities. EPFL has both a Swiss and international vocation and focuses on three missions: teaching, research and innovation.
DISCOVER CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGIES
The course provides participants with knowledge of specific technologies, enabling them to understand their opportunities and limits in sport. In particular, the emerging trends of Digital Technologies and data sciences:
Smart wearables & edge AI (Artificial Intelligence on user’s devices) for Internet of Things (IoT)
Machine & deep learning for events management and fan engagement
Communication technologies and wireless standards
Technology of movement analysis and objects tracking
Technology of materials for sports equipment & digital
Sport Infrastructure & digital technologies
Development of asynchronous courses on digital technology
The modules will also cover legal challenges relating to the use of personal and non-personal digital data within the sports industry as well as technologies that exponentially boosted the e-sport sector growth over the last years.
WHAT MAKES THIS PROGRAMME UNIQUE?
The joint development of technology-based solutions by the world’s leading experts in both technology and sports allows for a particularly innovative and insightful approach.
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
The program is designed for individual business executives from diverse fields of sport, or those seeking to work in sport business, such as events right owners, infrastructure & equipment suppliers, IT providers, media and broadcasters, professional athletic teams, high performance centers, or host cities, including governing bodies such as the IOC, International federations etc.
You will typically,
- have an engineering background and want to further your knowledge in digital trends and technologies and/or a need to better understand the needs of the sport market, or
- look for a career change with a quick emersion into the latest technology within the sports environment.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- understand the latest tech-related innovations
- learn how to identify and analyse application opportunities in different fields of sports
- learn how to structure innovation efforts
- work out the steps and actors required to progress from idea to product to (new) business, by implementing them either within confines and structures of existing organisations, or in newly formed entrepreneurial ventures
COURSE CONTENT AND STRUCTURE
|Dates of lectures||Duration per day|
|Digital Technologies in Sport||– 11, 12, 17, 19, 25 Jan|
– 1, 2 Feb
|Avg. 3 hours|
|Digital in the Business of Sport & E-Sport||– 18, 26, 27, 31 Jan|
– 8 Feb
|Avg. 3.5 hours|
|Innovation, Business Design & Entrepreneurship||– 13 Jan|
– 9, 10, 17, 22 Feb
|Daily 9:00 – 12:30|
(22 Feb, 9:00 – 17:00)
|Capstone Project Design and Presentations||– 12, 20 Jan|
– 24 Feb
– 28 Mar
|Days of on-site presence |
Teamwork at your pace
The total programme workload is approximately 200 hours over 12 weeks.
- Hours of lectures: 45
- Estimated individual working hours: 55
- Estimated team project time investment: 100
The program is designed to maximise interactions amongst participants and professors. Lectures will take place on-campus in Lausanne.
Online attendance is possible for a part of the programme.
THE PROGRAMME JOURNEY INCLUDES:
- a business modelling approach inspired from the world’s best business models helping to reinvent sport organizations and to create new revenue streams
- a first-hand experience in the form of a “capstone” project, managed by groups of participants designing innovative solutions according to the needs and requirements of a real client from the sport sector
WHY SIGN UP FOR THIS COURSE
- Learn from the leading experts and universities EPFL, UNIGE, UNIL
- We provide real learning, real impact with real cases and clients
- Join and network with the AISTS MAS 2022 class, as the programme is an integrated module of the MAS in Sport Management program
The course fee for the 2022 Digital Technology and Innovation in Sport AISTS Certificate is CHF 7’500.
- AISTS Alumni benefit from 10% rebate (CHF 6’750)
- AISTS partners* benefit from 10% rebate (CHF 6’750)
- AISTS Alumni working for an AISTS partner benefit from 20% rebate (CHF 6’000)
*AISTS partners are:
– AISTS Founders
– National Olympic Committees
– National and International Sport Federations
– AISTS MAS programme partners involved in teaching
– AISTS Team Project Clients
NEW ‘Same Team’ rebate:
Boost the efficiency of your team by bringing your workmates along.
Rebates up to 50% apply for participants working in the same company and when registering as a team:
- the second person benefits from a 25% rebate on the above prices
- the third and all further persons benefit from a 50% rebate on the above prices
If you would like to register, or are unsure about the above eligibility, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that this course is an on-campus program with visits to EPFL Labs.
DELIVERED BY AISTS
A scientific approach to sport & education is at the core of #AISTS since its creation in 2000. In 2003, the first MAS in Sport Management was held. Since 2000 network has been enriched by over 650 MAS Alumni now working in the sport sector, from international sport organisations (IOC, UEFA, FIFA and many others), to sport companies (equipment industries, marketing agencies), sport event organisations, professional sports clubs and professional teams. The graduates represent all continents and over 100 nationalities.