Managing Sport Sustability
MSS(Managing Sport Sustainability)
5 – 7 April 2022 (3days) – Further information to be announced soon.
Managing Sport Sustainability
This seminar is designed for managers of sport organisations and business leaders seeking to broaden their understanding of how to foster the implementation of a sustainability strategy within the organisation. The seminar provides also good and novel perspectives about sustainable business to policy makers seeking more comprehensive knowledge of how sport organisations may become more sustainable.
Classroom activities are selected and organized to ensure that participants experience the most impactful learning with a truly international and diverse group. Participants to the seminar become a valuable and trusted resource that reinforces the learning journey both during and beyond the classroom experience.
The classroom experience is enriched further thanks to the active participation of the AISTS MAS participants in Sport Administration and Technology.
Who should attend?
Managers of sport organisations and business leaders seeking to broaden their understanding of how to foster the implementation of their organisation’s sustainability strategy.
Policy makers seeking more comprehensive knowledge of how sport organisations may become more sustainable.
Why should I attend?
You will have access to a comprehensive and critical review of organisations interpretation of social responsibility and sustainability issues and the need to manage social and environmental performances.
You will develop a sound understanding and appreciation of the risks and opportunities for both for-profit companies and not-for-profit sport organisations associated with the use of social and environmental information in decision-making.
You will get acknowledge about the different managerial practices designed by companies to integrate sustainability information in organisational processes and foster sustainability execution.
You will discover the growing interests of market participants, as well as policy makers in sustainability management and focus on the need as the consequences of accurate sustainability performance measurement and informative reporting systems.
Key learning and objectives
- To understand the concept of sustainability for corporations and sport organisations.
- To understand the organisations need for sustainable management practices.
- To learn about the managerial complexity associated with integrating sustainability aspects in decision-making.
- To learn about the organisational processes and the management practices to implement a sustainability strategy effectively.
- To understand the importance and characteristics of accurate measuring and transparent reporting of organisational sustainability performances.
- To learn about the state-of-the-art of sustainability reporting systems in international sport federations.
Giovanni-Battista DERCHI, Assistant Professor of Management Control at EHL Group
Julia Palle, Sustainability Director at the ABB FIA Formula E Championship
Andrea Maschietto, Sustainability Manager at Juventus FC